RAINFOREST HIDEAWAY IN THE SAN ISIDRO/ BARU MOUNTAINS
Costa Rica, San José, San Isidro del Gener
Nothing short of spectacular! Virtually all of the property has sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean, surrounding mountains, and valleys below. Total area: 70 hectares (173 acres). ‘Consists of ~ 35 hectares (86.5 acres) of pristine rainforest, and ~ 35 hectares (86.5 acres) of meadows apt for development. The fact that roughly half of this property consists of meadows is significant, as these areas allow for the possibility of development in stride with Costa Rica’s environmental laws.
- Altitude: 790 meters (2,592 feet) above sea level at lowest point – increasing to 1090 meters (3,576 feet) above sea level at highest point. The given altitudes create for mild year-round temperatures, making air-conditioning unnecessary – an appealing alternative to the intense, sticky, heat associated with the coastal areas.
- Privacy: Ensured and everlasting privacy! This property’s top-of-the-mountain location, unique topography (general concave shape), and forested boundaries, together provide for the utmost in privacy. Forested corridors (including the one pictured immediately below), environmentally protected against alteration as per Costa Rica law, flank the property’s boundaries on three sides, acting to ensure that the property’s privacy is never jeopardized. Additionally, the property is situated at an “end of the road” location, thus no thru vehicle access (i.e., no thru traffic). ‘Very appealing from a privacy, as well as a security, standpoint!
Plant nursery: On-site plant nursery, with hundreds of palms, including Cuban palms, a virtually infinite supply of vetiver (non-invasive earth-retaining grass), etc.
- Utilities (off-the-grid): Water: Naturally occurring year-round springs (3) – clinically tested for potability. ‘Waterfalls, as well as creeks, that run year-round.
Electricity: Proximity to ICE power grid is currently two (2) kilometers, growing ever closer via community efforts.
- Telecommunications: Cellular telephone, as well as broad-band Internet, is available via ICE’s 3G and 4G networks.
- Access: As of this time access is progressively improving via community and municipal efforts. The distance to the property from “the pavement” (Costanera coastal highway) is 12.5 kilometers ( ≈ 7.8 miles).
- Wildlife: Given the property’s secluded location – undisturbed, un-commercialized and unburdened by cars, crowds or high rises – wildlife abounds – wildlife largely unseen in the more traveled (i.e., more populated) areas of Costa Rica – including felines.
This top of the mountain location, unique topography & forested boundaries, provide the utmost in privacy. Given the property’s secluded location, wildlife largely unseen in the more traveled areas can be seen here. Experience mild year-round temperatures, making air-conditioning unnecessary – an appealing alternative to the intense, sticky, heat associated with the coastal areas.
- Price: $625,000
- Status: For Sale
- Gross Area: 700,106 m2
- State: Good